Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Book Review " The Icing on the Cake" by Janice Thompson

Scarlet isn't sure if she has just the right ingredients for true love--or utter disaster
Scarlet Lindsey is busy making her dreams come true. She's moved her bakery to a prime spot on Galveston's most popular street, she's planning an extravagant cake for her best friend's wedding, and she has a great relationship with Bella Neeley, the island's most popular wedding coordinator. Business is booming and Scarlet is enjoying the ride.

But when Bella's dangerously handsome brother Armando breezes into her life, Scarlet is faced with a sticky situation. Should she stay with the safe, sweet guy who's been a fixture in her life for years? Or will this brash Italian hunk melt her guarded heart? - Book decription from Revell publishing

The weddings by design series by Janice Thompson is pretty phenomenal. The next in the series is titled “The Icing on the Cake” the story continues with the cake baker named Scarlet. She was featured in the first novel and I had previously wished she was featured more so I’m thrilled that she is the main character in this book.


Janice and this series in general are spectacular. It really makes me sad that I didn't know about the Bella series sooner. Since its not just these books it just makes me wonder what I missed out on. But now with icing on the cake I just love how animated and descriptive the writing is. Its such a fun and easy read and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just hate waiting for the next novel in series. Scarlet and her aunt are quite the pair with the bakery. Aunt Wilhelmina seems like the most scary woman on the planet but its great when even that can translate really well in a novel then you know you have a great one. I really enjoyed this one and was a very fast read.


Available August 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.


Thank you to Revell for providing me with a copy of this book for review. all these are my own thoughts and i was not compensated in anyway.

0 comments :

Post a Comment