Wednesday, July 31, 2013

marriage talk

Well last night the boy and I were talking about marriage.

If we could do it, what it would take monetarily, if that included me working. All of that stuff.

I think we had pretty good things to say but its pretty terrifying honestly. Going from the only place you've ever lived to somewhere else. It just scares me out of my wits sometimes. I'm not sure what to think or what to do.

We aren't super traditional and we don't really care about the whole getting engaged thing. And we are just gonna go get married at a justice of the peace. Because we aren't into hoopla. But will have a reception later on. Like maybe get married in the winter time and then have a reception in the spring/summertime. Thats the plan. It felt good to talk about it. But I worry about everything, the change, what people will think. If its the right time for that if people will think we are doing the right thing.

I dont' really care if his parents will be pissed cause they would probably expect us to have this huge wedding with five million people and us pay for them to come up. And yeah that’s not happening, for one i'm too cheap and for two I don't like the attention and neither does Justin. I'm just not a party type person. I don't like people staring at me or anything like that.

After he left last night mom and I were talking, it was surprising cause I get scared of what my parents will say if they are gonna be against it or judgmental and everything else. But she wasn't anything like that. It seemed like she was supportive. Maybe it was like “well you're gonna do what you are gonna do” but I dunno. I just feel confused and scared and honestly non-committal. It just all scares me to death.

6 comments :

  1. Girl, DO NOT worry about what other people will think about your wedding or marriage! It is all about what the two of you feel comfortable with. I think your plan to get married in the winter and then have a reception in the spring sounds awesome! I had a huge wedding with all the hoopla and while it was amazing, it was also incredible stressful and expensive, so if given the chance to do it over again, I would probably do something like you. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about what others think. If he makes you happy and you know for sure with out a doubt you could not live life without him(or at least it feels that way) then that is all that matters. Believe me I have went years letting people try and tell me what is best and nobody knows what is best for me but me. So live your life and do what you want, you will fall but you will get back up, you will smile and you will cry. Marriage is a big step just make sure you are all in. Also never go to bed angry at each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to elope. I went with my mom's wishes and wasn't too fond of my wedding other than the getting married part. The good part about weddings is that you do get money that helps you out with things. Regardless people will talk. Marriage is good and you've been together a long time, that I am surprised you haven't been married yet! I like the idea of a later reception. That's nice. Do as you hope to do. I think in a way people go too crazy with weddings and planning. . it costs a lot. Must easier and cheaper to just marry.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marriage is kinda scarey! If we are being honest here. It was really hard for me to move out of my parents house. As dumb as that may sound. I had lived with them my whole life. Never lived on my own. And then I get married & move out. It was definitely hard. It was wonderful but hard to have that much change also. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my husband. Hes the best thing to ever happen to me. And do not do what everyone else thinks you should do for your wedding! It is your day. If you want to go to the courthouse then thats what you do. Your wedding is about you & your future husband. You are the one who will remember it for the rest of your life. So you want to remember it in exactly the way you wanted it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the other comments here! It was exceptionally difficult to move out of my parents house as well. Its what had always been home to me. I will add though, there is no greater feeling than making a place home with your husband. Difficult at first, but it's so worth it. I got married young and to someone plenty of people had doubts about. I know there were things said or thought. I didn't let it bother me though because I loved my guy. I knew he was who I wanted to spend my life with. It's also extremely freeing to get married. It'll only matter what your husband thinks, not parents, etc. I say go for it ;P lol, I'll be praying for you! If you want to talk about it feel free to send an e-mail. Oh and sorry this is forever long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marriage and family relationships are hard. Just focus on each other. That's really the most important.

    ReplyDelete