Friday, January 18, 2013

Book Review: Waiting for Spring by Amanda Cabot



After the loss of her husband and the birth of her baby, Charlotte has had a long, hard year. But when a notorious robber believes she knows the location of a long-lost treasure, she flees to Cheyenne and opens a dressmaker's shop to lie low and make a living. When wealthy cattle baron and political hopeful Barrett Landry enters the shop to visit her best customer, Charlotte feels drawn to him.

If Barrett is to be a senator of the soon-to-be state of Wyoming, he must make a sensible match, and Miriam has all the right connections. Yet he can't shake the feeling that Charlotte holds the key to his heart and his future.

Soon the past comes to call, and Barrett's plans crumble around him. Will Charlotte and Barrett find the courage to look love in the face? Or will their fears blot out any chance for happiness?”

“Waiting for Spring” is the newest novel in the “Westward Winds” series written by Amanda Cabot. I was previously introduced to Amanda Cabot with the release of “Christmas Roses” and I enjoyed that so much that I jumped at the chance for reviewing a new one written by her. I didn't realize that it was in a series and I dislike reading books out of order even if they aren't related necessarily. So that fact really bothered me, but I pressed on anyway. The writing was pretty fair, but I just couldn't personally connect with the story as much as I would have liked, though Charlotte’s courage and strength in raising a blind kid is very inspiring in the midst of it all. If you like historical fiction in the setting of the old west, then you may enjoy this particular novel.

Available January 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Thank you to Revell for providing this copy for me in exchange for a review. i wasn't compensated in anyway.

4 comments :

  1. This looks like a great book. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like an interesting book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AimyMichelle -- Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my story.

    Natasha, Rachel, Jessah and Pop Champagne, I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete